Schroeder Mustang Newsletter
Download PDF – December, 2016 Newsletter
Principal’s Message – Mrs. Hernandez
Let’s Do Science
- Ask your children questions: How do you think the clock works? Why does a bird make a nest and what is a nest made of? How does electricity help us every day?
- Have children look at what’s happening around them and have them write down what they see.
- Have your children make predictions about the weather or how fast a plant will grow or how high a piece of paper will fly with the wind. Have your children then test to see if their predictions are correct.
- Have your child start collections of shells, rocks, or bugs so that they can see similarities and differences.
- Have your child look at how things are different. He or she can look around the neighborhood to see the different animals and plants that live and grow there.
- Help your child look at what causes things to change. What happens when a plant doesn’t have water or sunlight?
Kindergarten – Organisms
lst Grade – Animals 2X2
2nd Grade – Plant Growth
3rd Grade – Butterfly Life Cycle
4th Grade – Plant and Human Body Systems
5th Grade – Ecosystems and Food Chains
6th Grade – Natural Disasters and Plate Techtonics
Drop Off / Pick Up
- Students in grades 4th-6th who are waiting to be picked up need to wait at the end of E1 for parents to pick them up in the parking lot.
- Students may not wait in the park, in front of the school or on the streets surrounding the school.
- If you are waiting to turn right into the parking lot off Columbia, please model Kindness and Respect to your children by allowing cars who are turning left to enter the parking lot also.
Take one Minute and watch for kids!
Schroeder Elementary School will be switching to
online school registration NEXT FALL (2017-2018)
This means less physical paperwork for you to fill out (or lose) and should make things simpler! Each family will be required to register an email address with the school to access and fill out the student’s information.
**Each family will need an email account before June 2017**
We are delighted this year to have Schroeder Mustangs participate in the PTA Reflections program this year. Our Schroeder Mustang artists created masterpieces in visual arts, photography, literature and music composition! All participants received an art themed button and Mustang Money for their efforts! Our Schroeder Mustang Reflection artists are:
• Christina Kieu (2nd)
• Danielle Gertz (3rd)
• Brody Smith (3rd)
• Mia Dreger (3rd)
• Jennifer Hunt (4th)
• Teagan lkes (4th)
• Acacia Barte| (6th)
• Gwen Strong (6th)
• Jonathan Gertz (6th)
• Lorelei Jorden (6th)
• Elyse Pendergraft (2nd)
• Aidan Baer (3rd)
• Grace Baer (6th)
• Aubrey Baccanti (5th)
• Isabella Gonzalez (5th)
- Elyse Pendergraft for literature titled “A Guide to Ellie’s solar system”.
- Aiden Baer for literature titled “The Kid who stole stuff
- Jennifer Hunt for visual arts titled “Straight and circular”.
- Aubrey Baccanti for photography titled `’Mystery”.
- lsabella Gonzalez for music composition titled “Bloom”.
- Acacia Bartel for visual arts titled “The colors of my Life”.
- Grace Baer for photography titled “Change”.
Thank you to ALL our artists for participating and a special congratulations to Lorelei Jorden, Brody Smith, and lsabella Gonzalez for winning the Reflections raffle prizes.
We hope to see more of our students show off their creativity next year. Look for the Reflections flyer before the end of this school year so you can get a head start on your creatl.vity during the summer for next year’s contest! For more information on the PTA Reflections program, contact Theresa Chai at 714-801-2986 / email@example.com.
Hello, Mustang Families!
We are already at the end of 2016 and just days from 2017! We have done so much in just a few months since school started. Last month was our first Family Night of the year. Many of our Mustang families came out to watch Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas with us. We had a lot of fun, especially with the yummy popcorn to munch on while we watched the movie.
Did you get a chance to do some Christmas shopping at our PTA sponsored annual Holiday Boutique last week? It was three days of shopping fun for our kiddos and our families. Parents can send money with the kids so they can shop for a surprise gift for the special people in their lives. If you haven’t had the pleasure of shopping at the holiday boutique, make sure to check it out next year.
What are you looking forward to this holiday season? In addition to shopping and gift giving (and getting), I am looking forward to driving around Orange County to look at the brilliant lights in some of our neighborhoods. If you’re looking for something fun and low key to do with the kids during break, put on some holiday music and take a drive to Balboa Island to check out the lights. I hear the Zimmerman House on Balboa Island (327 Sapphire Ave.) is supposed to be extra special! Be prepared for some traffic…but it’s worth it.
I hope everyone enjoys their Winter Break. See you in 2017!
2016-17 PTA President
- January 21st
- March 4
- April 8
- May 20
Schroeder PTA Website and Email Blasts
‘I’he website provides information such as:
- School Calendar
- Bell Schedule
- Lunch Menus
- Monthly Newsletter
- Thursday take home packet/flyers
We will continue to make improvements to our site and look forward to providing digital alternatives for consuming all things Schroeder. If you have not already done so, please register your email on our home page at www.schroederpta.com to join our mailing list.
Wear your Schroeder Mustang
Spiritwear every Wednesday!
- Order online @ www.schroederspiritwear.com
(avoid shipping charges if you click on walk+out at checkout/sent to school)
- Send in an order form with payment attached. Order forms are available in the office.
- Come see us Fridays after school in front of the office!
Sync Your Calendars!
Did you know that you can add the school’s calendar to your own? Well now you do! It’s a great way to make sure you have the latest calendar information and updates. Instructions are available online at:
You will find links to add the calendar for iCal (Apple iOS devices) and Google services or devices (Android)
Add the Schroeder calendar to your own and never miss out on an activity, event, or the dreaded minimum day!