Employees of the Year!
2017 – 2018 PTA Packet Available Online
Latest Updates & Upcoming Events
REFLECTIONS: IT’S ALL ABOUT THE ARTS
That’s the theme for the 2017-2018 Reflections Art Program which has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. And California State PTA and its members, families and kids are on the forefront of this amazing program, which increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education.
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
PARTICIPATION IS EASY, EXCITING AND EMPOWERING
All students attending PTA schools sponsoring the program are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:[table “11” not found /]
State-level Award of Excellence honorees receive:
- The opportunity to showcase their artwork at the California State PTA Convention
- Prizes including an Award of Excellence medal, certificate and a $100 savings bond presented on stage at convention
- An expense-paid trip for the award-winning student and one parent/guardian to convention.
State-level winners were recognized at the 2017 California State PTA Annual Convention. National-level Award of Excellence honorees are recognized at the National PTA Convention, plus their artworks are featured in Reflections’ popular traveling national exhibit. See the winners.
IMPORTANT REFLECTIONS DATES
Local due dates vary depending on where you live. Please reach out to your PTA council and district to inquire about your local due dates.
- November 1, 2017 – Theme search entries due. Details coming soon.
- January 15, 2018 – District entry submission spreadsheet due to California State PTA by 5 p.m. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 17, 2018 – Physical entries due to California State PTA from PTA Districts by 5 p.m. Mail to: California State PTA, Attn: Reflections, 2327 L Street, Sacramento, CA 95816.
WE NEED THEMES FOR 2019-2020
But the art can’t start without an annual theme, and we need your help: Children and youth can submit a national theme to serve as the inspiration for Reflections artists and their original works. Students submitting the winning theme receive $100 and recognition at the National PTA Convention.
GRANTS FOR THE ARTS AVAILABLE
Building on the decades-long arts legacy of past Colorado State PTA President Mary Lou Anderson, who established the Reflections Art Program, National PTA awards grants of up to $1,000 so local PTAs can take arts education to the next level – especially for at-risk kids. Find out how your PTA can qualify.
So let the Reflections Art Program – and the arts — be a part of your kids’ lives! For more information on participating or to get Reflections and other arts programs started or funded at your school, contact your local PTA and get connected with California PTA’s SMARTS – Parents for the Arts Network.
We hope everyone had a wonderful first day of school.
We’ve added the AERIES parent portal link to the menu so it’ll be easier to find in the future. There will also be a change to the website in the coming weeks where we will also be giving access to the PTA forms (yearbook pre-order, volunteer sign up, and so on).
If you have not already done so, sign-up for REMIND to get text messages from the school! Simply text @dc701 to 81010
You can also receive remind messages via email. Send an email to email@example.com No subject is required.
Sync your Calendars with Schroeder Elementary School
You can add the Schroeder Elementary School to your own calendars by using the following links, depending on your device/system.
iCal, Outlook 2007+: webcal://schroeder.wsdk8.us/apps/events/ical/?id=0
Google Calendar: http://goo.gl/k8t4q5
Download .ICS: http://schroeder.wsdk8.us/apps/events/ical/?id=0
Mrs. Hernandez, Schroeder Principal can now send you text messages of updates and reminders!
In case of an emergency, we will not have phone or internet access so text messages via Remind will be our main course of communication.
Simply text @dc701 to 81010 to be added to the Remind text list. Please see flyer for more information.
Improving Education Through Community
As a community, we rely on your support to achieve our goals throughout the school year. If you are interested in volunteering with any of our activities or programs throughout the year, please contact us.